
Everyday this summer it seems we have had a moment to choose if our day is going to be lemons or lemonade. The other morning it was the choice of dissapointment over our cousins not coming over to the new house or the excitment that we were going to their house. It was decision time and lemons won for a moment. I heard a lot of "but I wanted to show them..." and "but you said..." in the car and then the lemonade began "this way we can see them twice..." and "maybe we can play in their basement...". The kids chose to make lemonade and life moved on a little sweeter because of it.
Nate and I have had our share of lemon and lemonade momments too. This past move was our big one. At first we were fusterated, irritated, and nervous by our situation but now it is nothing but very sweet lemonade. We are enjoying the extra time with Nate because of his very short drive to work, the children are enjoying the large yard and it is nice to be so close to our family and friends and even the grocery store. So this summer we are hoping to keep looking on the bright side and drinking sweet lemonade because really every day is filled with moments where we have to choose how to look at thing and the sweet way is always the very best way to go!



Your post reminded me to feel blessed for what I have. Oh, and I love love love lemonade!
ReplyDelete