Read Past Stories

Our Latest Stories

Not Our Greatest Moment




 I take my role in my kiddos life extremely seriously and this can lead to hard moments for me.  I am happy when they are doing well and hard on myself when they are not.  In a matter of minutes I can go from my very best to my very worst.  You see, my job is dependent on the needs, wants, desires, schedules, and moods of three other little people and that is about as stable as standing on a pile of Jello.  I (despite what every self -help book has ever told me to do) bounce like a super ball with their emotions.  I do understand that I need to separate my feelings from theirs,...yada...yada... but it is really hard to not feel frustrated when you watch two boys fight it out over who put the dirty sock on top of the television and yet it is so easy to feel joy when they are laughing on a hike and discovering new places together.  I know on the blog that most of the time I share our highlight reel, but know there are moments that are just not intended for pictures. If I did take a picture of  our not so great moments, it would probably include a pile of dishes in the sink, a girl in unmatched clothes doing flips, two boys arguing while they watch a show and a sock still sitting on top of the TV.  This is my true life.  Not every moment can be a great moment, but I am still confident that the good way out number the bad and sometime the best thing to do as a parent is just laugh it all off.