I love the way Easter brings in the feeling of newness. Spring seems to come alive with the celebration of Easter. I can't help but want all the freshest vegetables and fruits (even though I know they haven't been grown yet).The skies have turned to endless blue and more and more birds have started to sing their songs every morning and while it is still chilly enough to need a sweater we know the warm weather is on its way. I love to see the flowers that have just barely started coming out from the ground and to smell the fresh clean air as the kids wander around the yard looking for Easter eggs. Easter reminds us of new life and it is a joyous occasion. This Easter was full of typical traditions of our family. The kids created a cake and help decorate it for us to share together. When they were young the cakes were simple and seem to always be shaped like a bunny and have as many jelly beans on them as they could possibly fit but this year they selected to make lime cheesecake in the shape of little bird's nest. This tradition is one that I have loved from year to year and it's so much fun to have them looking forward to it as much as I do. We enjoyed delicious food shared with our family and absolutely loved every second of the noise and laughter as we were all together in my parent's home. Spring is on its way that we can be sure of, and until then we are staying warm with the comfort of family and the warmth of traditions.
![]() |
| Now that the kids are older Easter Egg hunt leads to the negotiation table. They talk and trade and then trade again. This part of Easter takes even longer then the hunt and is just as much fun! |









