I absolutely love celebrating minor holidays. I just like doing something special without any stress to go over the top like major holidays have. Days like Valentine's day are fun for me. I enjoy getting up early to make the kids fun pink pancakes and strawberry milk with color changing straws. I like decorating the floor and table with hearts many that we have saved throughout the years and some that are new. We don't do much but the fact that we do something makes what could be an ordinary day extra special and the kids reaction to it when they come out of their room is always worth any effort that I put in.
My Valentine and I played The newlywed game together after the kids went to bed and had a glass of wine to celebrate. It was so much fun to see what answers we got right and what ones we got wrong. We are far from newlyweds (this is our 18th Valentine's day together!) but we always seem to have more we can learn about each other.






