Read Past Stories

Our Latest Stories

Get Them Before They Are Gone


This is the most unflattering photo I think I've ever taken. It does not make this brownie look delicious in any way, however, it does make me laugh because it shows how quickly my family ate these brownies. I went to get my camera and the next thing I knew the pan was empty with just one lonely brownie sitting there. We have found a brownie recipe that we love and we'll be making them time and time again for a weekend treat. Hopefully next time the brownies last more than 5 minutes but regardless the happiness they give seems to last all evening.

Ingredients
1 1/4 C sugar
3/4 C cocoa powder
1/2 C all-purpose gluten free flour
1/8 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 Tbsp cornstarch
2 large eggs (cold)
4 Tbsp butter, melted
1/3 C canola oil
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 Tbsp water (cold)
Optional: Nuts, caramel drizzle, chocolate chips, and any other yummy add-ins

Instructions
Preheat oven to 325 degrees and spray a 9x9 inch baking pan with cooking spray.

In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, cocoa powder, flour, baking soda, salt, and cornstarch.

Make a well in the center and add the eggs. Beat the eggs and mix in the butter, oil, vanilla extract, and water. Mix until the dry ingredients are incorporated. Do not over mix.

Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and bake at 325 degrees for 22-25 minutes. Cool completely in the pan before cutting with a plastic knife.

I prefer my brownies very soft and on the slightly under-baked side. Cook a little bit longer if you want the center to be a little more done.