| Yogi makes the most of the time we have together by never wanting to leave our side. |
There are days when it feels like I might live forever and days when I just want to hold on tightly to my family because time is flying by. The older I get the later seems to be a more and more present thought in my life. Time is the most valuable thing I have and where I chose to spend it matters greatly to me. I don't want to stop the schedules of our life as the kids enjoy their activities and school and work seem to be an important concept. However, I can try to enjoy the moments in-between the busyness and even enjoy the busyness by being as present in the moment as possible. I also have started saying 'no' a lot more to things that will take my time but will not add happiness to my life. At a younger age, I felt an obligation to do what others expected and wanted from me but now I am guarding my time as I realize I can not get it back. I am trying my best to focus on the moments when I do have the kids or Nate with me and making the most of each second together. It is hard not to be distracted by the millions of things that can present themselves but don't deserve my attention. I try to do simple things like enjoying the rides to drop off Aliya at dance and getting up a bit earlier than I need to so that I can make sure I get a few minutes with the boys and Nate before they leave for the day and these small things add life to my days. Cherishing the moments when Trent says he needs time off of robotics to be home with us is so important to me and this has made me realized that time together matters as much to my kids as it does to me. We don't have a ton of time in life, but I don't think the goal is to make more of it, but rather to make the most of the time we do have.


