Read Past Stories

Our Latest Stories

Getting through

Nate and I have been through a lot together. We just celebrated 18 years' worth of happy memories and I am thankful for each day together that has brought us to this moment of our lives. I often think back to one moment, when Nate and I were first married we were traveling from Illinois to move to New Hampshire.  We had to take two cars and the travel was long and hard at times.  Nate and I had long-distance walkie talkies (yup, it was a very long time ago) to keep each other company and let each other know if we were needing to stop, etc.  There was a popular song on the radio at the time that said repeatedly "got to get through this...got to get through this".  The song was on the radio an absurd amount of times, as most popular songs are, and each time Nate and I heard it we would press the walkie talkie button so we could listen together and know that we were not alone in our journey and we would get through the trip together. The song became our anthem to make it through the road trip and slowly became our motto. Making it through together has been our guarantee to each other and to our children. Some days the journey is long and hard and some days it is peaceful and scenic but regardless we know we are getting through this together.