Read Past Stories

Our Latest Stories

Working

 Sometimes a thought becomes a decision, and a decision becomes a plan, and a plan becomes a reality. Deciding to work was a very long slow process, but at the same time came together in a way that just made sense. There are a million jobs that wouldn't have worked for me, schedule-wise or happiness-wise.  However, after a few years of friends talking to me about taking a position at the library, I finally decided that given our economy, it was worth trying. 

So far the transition has been hard, but good. There is no doubt about it that I miss my more open schedule and the freedom that came with staying at home. Our days are now packed from sun up to sun down, and I often feel like we have more to do in a day than there are hours, however, I really do enjoy my job. I enjoy reading to the little kids and doing crafts with the older school-age children. It is a lot of fun and comes naturally to me. For now, it seems like this is the right decision for our family, especially since Aliya even can and does come to work with me often to volunteer. I don't know what the future holds but I am thankful that for now, I can work in a job I enjoy and take home a bit of extra money too.