I have had a rough day. Now, I am sure that I will type this and in a few days realize that I really did not want anyone to read it and end up deleting it, but oh well. I just feel so sad. There are days when I just wonder if I am being the best mother to my children. Sometimes I just feel that someone else could do it so much better than me. It was one of those days (actually it was really only the evening that was bad) when all the children were fussy. The two little ones were crying and Trent was in need of attention as well. I just felt spread so thin. I was frustrated, overwhelmed, and filled with anxiety. I put the children to bed, gave them huge hugs and kisses, and apologized to all of them for acting so grumpy. Trent said “when were you upset Mom? You weren’t grumpy.” which is somewhat encouraging that he didn’t notice…or does that just mean I act upset all the time and he couldn’t tell the difference? I always want my children and husband to realize that they come before everything else and that they know without a shadow of a doubt that I unconditionally loved them. Some days I just feel that I don’t show it well. It is like the mother I want to be, and the one I have become are so different. I know that 99% of the people who read my blog are parents, so I hope you understand what I am feeling. Tonight I just held Aliya and cried, just looking down at her sweet face and thinking about how I want to give her and the boys the world, and I just don’t know if I am doing a very good job of that. It is a tremendous responsibility and honor to have been given my children; I am so thankful but very underqualified for the job.
Our Latest Stories
The things we remember are what we hold on to. And what we hold on to becomes the story of our lives.
Search
Popular posts
Labels
A
AJ
amusement park
anniversary
apple
baking
bike
birthday
Bread
breakfast
camp
camp fire
change
changing
chicken
Christmas
cookies
countdown
cousins
dad
dance
Dinner
Dinner recipe
Dylan
Easter
evening
fall
family
family photo
Fav
favorite
first day of school
fish
football
Friday nights
friends
funny
greatest hits
group
growing
growth
Halloween
hike
holidays
interview
Katrina
kids
lake
leaves
lego
lessons
love
major
motherhood
movie
muffins
musical
Nate
needs fixed
None
oz
photography
photos
pie
play
pool
quotes
recipe
recipes
ride
roller coaster
rolls
rough days
s'mores
Sara
Sauce
sauces
Science
setting
Sides
slider
smiles
snacks
soup
summer
summer bucket list
Sweets
T
team
test
Thanksgiving
traditions
Trent
Trent Birthday
video
walk
weekend
yogi
LINK list
Archive
Archive
-
▼
2008
(148)
-
▼
August
(17)
- Friends
- The plan...
- The Hot Air Balloon Show
- So cute...
- My active little ones
- They always make me laugh!
- I had it coming...
- being cute
- A very weird blog...
- A wonderful time together
- A Day all about Dylan!
- The kids
- Home Sweet Home!
- Happy in our new home
- Blessed with three wonderful little lives
- There is no stopping her now...
- Dylan's 2nd Birthday
-
▼
August
(17)
Search This Blog


