Read Past Stories

Our Latest Stories

A Pet For A Day

The kids and I found a painted turtle the other day and of coarse the first thing I heard was "can we keep it?"  I couldn't say no but I knew I couldn't say yes either.  So we compromised.  "Yes, you can keep it, but only for one day.  She can have a sleep over but then we have to let her go in the brook behind our house."  This idea was agreeable to all the kids and so we had a new pet...for a day.  Nate named her Shelly and the kids had fun playing with her, washing their hands, playing with her and washing their hands again.

The next morning we walked her down the path outside our home and the kids said their goodbyes.  Dylan asked her to have lots of eggs so we could have lots of baby turtles visit us for sleepovers soon. 


 and off Shelly went to live happily ever after in our brook.   

Comments

  1. Grandma would have let Shelly stay in an aquarium forever and ever !! : )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment