Read Past Stories

Our Latest Stories

Running in Slow Motion


 
This picture describes our day month to perfection.  We have had a mix of bad and good, and deciding what we are going to focus on has been essential.

Like watching a tennis match, life has been a back and forth game for us lately.   We are feeling like every time we know which way things are going to go, they suddenly get turn around.  We want to believe the best, but can't help but expect to hear the worst.  While we could just focus on the rough moments, it is time for me to think of good things that have happened in the last month and know that the bad things have happened for a reason.  So here is our list of things that have kept us smiling during a tough month...

For example I got a new coffeemaker. Not just a coffeemaker but a SURPRISE K-cup coffee maker.  I love it.  There is nothing like getting a gift you completely didn't expect in the mail.  I love surprises.  I will never be the girl who shyly says she doesn't.  Thought felt happy surprises are amazing and make you feel loved!   I love my new coffee maker and the kids are still in love with pressing the button. 

Spring has arrived.  Okay, today is raining and cold, but overall it has been warm.  The leaves are green and the kids are loving being outside.  We have been able to bike, go on walks, and play for hours each day in the sun. Nothing is better for the soul then time in the great outdoors.

We have an amazing real estate agent. (Do you want her name and number? just email me!) She has helped us get through a rough month of the unexpected. She has taken us to what seems like a hundred houses without hesitation. She even smiles and enjoys our active kids as we try and keep them calm (and from touching anything) as we go in and out of house after house. She hasn't hesitated or gotten frustrated as we continue hunt for "the one" house. Even when it seems like we are hunting for the impossible and keep having set backs.

We had another successful year of homeschooling.  The kids books are all complete and are simply waiting to be turned in for evaluation.  This mama feels so proud of how much my kiddos have learned.  It was a wonderful year of growth as a family and as individuals.

But most of all I have an amazing, happy, healthy family and life is good.  The back and forth of life is just the way things go.  You take the good and bad, and try your best to focus on what is important.  That is what gets us through the dips and turns in life.   So, who knows what will happen with houses and when we might get really sick again...what I do know, is that I always am blessed even when life doesn't seem to be going our way.