There is something strange about the first day of school that no matter how many firsts your have had the flutterflies will still come the night before. First days are filled with excitement and nervousness all at once. I still can remember that feeling from when I was young, so as my kids were filled with emotions as their summer came to an end and the beginning of a new year arrived, I felt for them and understood. As a mom, I still get nervous for them. I want everything to go perfectly and easily at school but I know that life has its rainy days and school is unfortunately not exempt from them. I have to focus my mind on the amazing times they will have with friends and the opportunities that they will get to learn new and great things. So with fear in my heart, I waved goodbye as my kids walked away and with tightness in my throat I hoped that with every hard experience growth and resilience is discovered, that the lessons learned will be for more than just letter grades and that the joy of this year will far outshine the rainy days.
 |
| Off to 4th, 5th, and 8th grade. The school years go so fast! |