I was so happy to have the kids home for February vacation last week. We enjoyed simple days out and had fun finding things to do nearby. The boys are true homebodies and would rather be enjoying the comfort of home than anywhere else, Aliya, on the other hand, would love to be out every day and all day long. Nate was on a business trip to California and we missed him so much so combining home time and away time was truly necessary.
Friday: Dinner out as a family for Mexican (our favorite!) It took forever to get our meal but it was so nice not to have the experienced fly by but instead we sat, chatted, and ate a plethora of chips and salsa!
Saturday: We had a relaxed morning. Trent had robotics and Nate and I went to the record store together. Aliya wanted to go out when I got home so she and I went and filled our hands with as many books as we could get at the Townsend Library. That night we took the kids to see the Impractical Jokers movie. We watch the show as a family so we knew it needed to be on our list for a family date night. It was the first time the kids saw a comedy in the theater.
Sunday: We got drinks at Dunkin and went on a ride and to a few stores. The weather was so beautiful and the sun shining in the car made me feel alive and full of happiness.
Monday: I had an eye dr appointment and Aliya came with. It was fun to have us reverse roles and have me being seen by the doctor rather than her. Afterward, we went to Kristin's home and visited with her as well as Sheryl, Denise, Aubrey, and Mom. The boys chose to stay home and soak up the joys of not having school.
Tuesday: Tuesday was the dreaded day. Dentist appointments and it took four hours by the time we added in the drive! It was definitely a long day but the kids stayed in good moods despite it. We stopped at a store on the way home to buy goodies to hide in Nate's luggage along with notes that the kids and I had written him.
Wednesday: Nate, unfortunately, flew out this day and it started instantly with us missing him. The kids often use phrases like "we can't watch that without dad" or "If we do this now we still have to come back once dad is home". They never want Nate to miss out on anything and I think it is so sweet. We went and met Mom at an arcade and had a great time. We picked up Shamrock shakes on the way home our once a year tradition. The kids were amazing about playing games together and I really loved seeing their strong friendship in action.
Thursday: Aliya and Trent slept in on Thursday morning so Dylan and I had some date time while enjoying cereal on the couch and watching cartoons. Aliya is in love with malls, so Thursday morning we went to the Mall in Nashua with her friend Ella and Mom. Aliya and Ella were off walking on their own the second we walked into the door (it is crazy how grown up she is now!). Mom and I walked around and had fun chatting and shopping. I had a really bad migraine and the kids were so sweet helping me feel better. In the middle of the afternoon, we all grabbed blankets and cuddled up and watched Lady and the Tramp together. Trent got to pick dinner so we made up his favorite Philly Cheesesteaks. That evening I dyed the ends of Aliya's hair blue just like she had been begging for. It actually turned out better than she hoped so I was really happy about that.
Friday: We had no real plans on Friday but knew we wanted to get out of the house but Trent had a haircut in the middle of the day so we couldn't go far. Dylan named our day out the "Great American Food Tour". We had a blast and everyone was really silly together. We started with slushies, then went to Target to buy Bryce a birthday gift, picked up Boston Cream donuts for the whole Deml family and then dropped them off for them. After that, we continued our food tour by going to get french fries and as much sauce as they would allow from Chic-Fil-A and then we were off to get our main course of sandwiches from Subway. Before we went home we made a stop at our lake and watched a beaver playing in the icy water. It was a very random time out but we had so much fun because of the whimsy of it all.
Saturday: Aliya went with mom to see Little Women at the movie theater and then had a sleepover at her home, Trent had robotics and Dylan helped me do some grocery shopping. It was Dylan's night to chose dinner so he helped me make Chicken and Broccoli fettuccini alfredo. It was a simple day but I had a great night with the boys as we watched Peanut Butter Falcon together and the boys ate a bunch of snacks that Dylan had picked out at the store.
Sunday: If God needs a day of rest then I assume I do as well. Sunday was our home day. Many things needed done around the house or individually in order to get ready for the upcoming week. The kids finished up homework and I picked up after the massive amount of mess that accumulates when you are off for a week! Aliya got to choose dinner so we made Orange Chicken with rice. Aliya had play practice which went great and then she and I went for a quick trip to the store to get her first key to the house. She was thrilled.
It was an amazing week together. I can't get enough time with this sweet family and I am just so thankful for the moments we have together.























