I never forget a Holiday but I will admit that St. Patrick's day almost was skipped in our house this year. The days of the week have blended together and checking the calendar for plans is a thing of the past so the date was nearly out of my mind. However, that aching feeling when I woke up that something needed to be done led me to realize that it was St. Patrick's Day and I sat up with a jolt in bed and ran down the stairs to decorate. Only a few moments later I heard footsteps on the stairs as the children came down. Thanks to our bucket of decorations, some green food coloring in milk, and lucky charms in the cabinet, it was a snap to pull off. We don't do much for minor holidays, but we always do celebrate in some way, and right now we will take all the extra excuses to smile we can get.
Differences this year:
- All St. Patrick's day parades nearby, including the giant annual parade in Boston, were canceled
- St. Patrick's day pub crawls were canceled
- Our favorite radio station didn't play their annual broadcast of games and merriment from inside a pub
- We did not have corn beef for dinner. While it was available, the price was high when I was at the store and we did not go back to check again because we are avoiding stores as much as possible. Normally, I would have just run to the store for a quick trip to pick up all we needed for St. Patrick's day dinner but that is not a safe option now.
- Drop Kick Murphys live-streamed their St. Patrick's day concert due to concerns of Coronavirus




