Read Past Stories

Our Latest Stories

Deep Breaths




If there has been one thing that I have practice this year more than any other year of my life it is taking deep breaths.  This year has been overwhelming in so many ways and finding the ability to stay calm in the midst of it all has been of utmost importance to me.  If I think about everything at one time, my mind is like the rustling of leaves on the trees, all moving quickly and beyond any control of my own.  However, trying to focus myself on one thing at a time and reminding myself to take a deep breath has been helpful to get through each day.  This year has not ruined us.  There have been wins even in the midst of the losses and there is still so much to be grateful for.  I just have to focus on one thing at a time and remind myself what is under my control and what is like the leaves which are going to shake no matter how hard I try to hold onto the tree.