Read Past Stories

Our Latest Stories

Jumping In

Making choices has been extremely hard for me this year. I am a careful planner full of lists and schedules but I find myself now debating back and forth with even the smallest decisions because I just don't know if the cost is worth the reward. The fact is that I have to decide or I am just stuck in limbo, in a stressful world of indecision. The outcome is often unpredictable, even with careful research and thought, so I am learning to take in all the information I can, but at some point, I must cut myself off and make a choice. I then take a breath and know I have done the best I could. I am finding that observing what happens next can be just as important to me. I am asking myself how did I feel about my choice once it was made and how did the situation play out.  From there I can make another more educated decision for myself next time. Covid has caused decision fatigue for me and giving myself a time limit to make choices and then trusting myself with that decision helps ease my stress. There is no guarantee that I get it right, but there is no guarantee that if I had spent days more thinking about it that I would either. Decisions, large or small are now put on my To-Do list and at the end of the day (or week if it is a larger choice) I make a final choice. I try to trust the decision that I have made and enjoy putting a checkmark on my decision list. I am choosing to jump in and decide and it is so relieving that it helps me sleep better at night and lets me get on with my day the next morning.


Aliya and I went to the outlet mall to see Nate at his store. 
Shopping never used to be a decision but a guarantee for this girl.