Like most things in 2020 Thanksgiving needed to be done differently than we traditionally do. Our family stayed home and celebrated with just the five of us, but we made sure to make all the foods we love so much. It was a whole lot more work making everything, and not just bringing a few items, but it was well worth it! We did watch the Macy's Parade, as per our tradition. It was strange to see the New York City streets empty as crowds were not allowed to attend. Our family enjoyed playing games and eating the whole day through. We did have a zoom Thanksgiving the following day with the extended family and we played "Two Truths, and a Lie" and the kids opened ornaments from Nana. It was a different Thanksgiving but still one where we tried to remember all we had to be thankful for.
This year has been all about perspective and it is so important to remember that while we might wish this whole pandemic was over, we still in the midst of it all have so much to be thankful for.
I am thankful for Nate's job. I am thankful for the health of my entire family. I am thankful for the time I have been given with my kids and Nate this year. I am thankful for the love and support of a family. I am thankful for a warm cozy home and a beautiful yard that we have spent so much time in this year. I am thankful for technology and other fun items that helped us feel connected with others, even while we remained safe and apart. I am thankful for games, and a family that loves to play them, and the laughter and fun they have brought to our daily life. I am thankful for food, both food that makes us healthy, and food that makes us smile. Every day I am trying to be thankful, whether it is for the mask that I am wearing or for the school protocols that allow my kids to attend school safely. It is not a typical year, and I will be thankful when a more normal life returns, but even in the middle of it all, I am filled with gratitude for all that I have.
![]() |
| Not our typical family photo but a really fun time! |
![]() |
| The kids love their tradition of getting ornaments from my mom! |







