My favorite part of school for the kids is the experiences. I love when the teachers give the kids the chance to do a bit more than just work on worksheets at their desks. Aliya recently enjoyed a camp out day at school. The kids did all of their regular school work but with a camp out theme and from sleeping bags as they gathered around a fake campfire. It made the day more fun and the work less of a struggle by just switching things up a bit.
Dylan and Aliya both love their art class. I am always excited to see what they bring home and see their creative minds at work.
Dylan's class did an "Egg Smash and Dash" event. The kids used the knowledge they were learning in science and math to build cars to transport their egg. I am happy to say that no eggs were harmed in any of Dylan's races.
I think that the ability to practically apply a school lesson to life is essential and gives the kids the motivation to keep working hard.


