It was a perfect day for a hike. 73 degrees with story book blue sky and gorgeous clouds. The kids had high hopes of touching the sky. This goal made me smile to no end. There were some really tough parts of the trail and moments where they talked about giving up. I was so happy to watch and listen to them encouraged each other to keep going. Hearing "Come on, I know we can do this!" was one of the best things to hear as a mom. Hiking is by far my favorite activity and has been since I was a kid. (It probably is because I don't have a competitive bone in my body for "real" sports.) I like the team work that happens with hiking and seeing my kids work as a true team was a wonderful sight and sound.
They kept going even when the going was tough.
They made each other laugh to get their mind off of the hardest parts.
And when they got there it was such a great sense of accomplishment for them. They were so proud of themselves and I was so proud of my team.
Their smiles were huge and their hearts were filled with happiness,
and on the way down there were lengthy talks about the day they will climb Mount Everest and truly touch the sky.
.jpg)

.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

.jpg)



